Algebraic statistics, applied algebraic geometry at KTH Stockholm
I am interested in the connections between algebraic geometry and the fields of statistics, data science, and the natural sciences. I am a postdoctoral researcher at Math Data Lab working with Kathlén Kohn. [mdl, kk]
Topics currently on my mind: linear Gaussian covariance models, linear spaces of symmetric matrices, multivariate boundary polynomial regression, Bayesian networks, staged trees, the maximum likelihood degree, models with ML degree one.
Other topics I'm interested in: random geometry and topology, singular learning theory, loss landscapes.
I am co-organizing a collaboration project on linear spaces of symmetric matrices. [link]
Publications & Preprints
- Leonie Selk, Charles Tillier and Orlando Marigliano. Multivariate boundary regression models. ArXiv:2004.09881, 2020. [link, pdf]
- Jane Ivy Coons, Orlando Marigliano and Michael Ruddy. Maximum likelihood degree of the small linear gaussian covariance model. Algebraic Statistics (2020, to appear). [link, pdf]
- Carlos Guerra, Manuel Delgado Baquerizo, Eliana Duarte, Orlando Marigliano, Christiane Görgen, Fernando Maestre and Nico Eisenhauer. Global projections of the soil microbiome. 2019, submitted.
- Eliana Duarte, Orlando Marigliano and Bernd Sturmfels. Discrete statistical models with rational maximum likelihood estimator. Bernoulli (2020, to appear). [link, pdf]
- Paul Breiding and Orlando Marigliano. Random points on an algebraic manifold. SIAM Journal on Mathematics of Data Science (2020). [link, pdf]
- Orlando Marigliano. Verlinde bundles of families of hypersurfaces and their jumping lines. Beiträge zur Algebra und Geometrie 60 (2019), pp. 437–444. [link, pdf]
- The algebraic statistics of sampling, likelihood, and regression. PhD thesis. [pdf]
- Verlinde bundles of families of hypersurfaces. Master's thesis. [pdf, poster].
- Counting covers of elliptic curves. Bachelor's thesis. [pdf]
Paul Breiding, Jane Ivy Coons, Eliana Duarte, Christiane Görgen, Carlos Guerra, Leonie Selk, Bernd Sturmfels, Michael Ruddy, Charles Tillier.
2020-current: Postdoctoral researcher at Math Data Lab, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm.
2018–2020: Ph.D. student at Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences. Advisors: Bernd Sturmfels and Christiane Görgen. [bs, cg]
2012–2018: Bachelor's and Master's student at University of Bonn. Advisor: Daniel Huybrechts. [dh]
By email: math at orlandomarigliano.com